Actividades de Construcción y Servicios, S.A. (Grupo ACS, or ACS Group) engages in civil and engineering constructions and telecommunications. ACS Group is headquartered in Spain and operates worldwide.
In 2007, ACS Group established a General Code of Conduct (Code) setting out ethical principles intended to guide the ACS Group's operations. The Code is monitored by the General Code of Conduct Monitoring Committee (The Committee) to ensure compliance, and resolve incidents or questions regarding the Code's interpretation. Complaints can be filed through an internal whistleblowing system called the ethical channel.
Who can access it?
Any person with a link to the company under employment, civil, or commercial law, and who has knowledge or a well-founded suspicion of non-compliance with the Code can report this to his or her superior or communicate the non-compliance through ACS Group's mechanisms.
Anonymous complaints are not accepted. The identity of the complainant will be kept confidential through all stages of the process, except if disclosure to the relevant people involved is necessary in an investigation or legal proceedings.
How does it work?
Standards mentioned in the Code include:
- Equal opportunities - The selection and promotion of Group employees should be based on the objective criteria of merit and capability.
- Non-discrimination - ACS Group managers should maintain an environment free from all discrimination and from any behavior involving personal harassment.
- Occupational health and safety - The ACS Group shall provide its employees with a safe and stable environment and undertakes to continually update labor risk prevention measures as well as to strictly respect the applicable legislation on this subject.
- Eradication of child labor - No Group company or its suppliers should use child labor and should ensure compliance with the provisions set forth by the International Labour Organisation (ILO) with respect to under-age workers.
- Environmental protection – The ACS Group companies shall follow an environmental strategy and make appropriate means available to their employees for the conservation of natural resources and those spaces of ecological, scenic, scientific or cultural interest. It will comply with applicable environmental legislation.
In 2011, the Committee implemented an ethical channel to enable anyone to notify irregular conduct in any of the companies which make up the ACS Group or any breach of the standards included in the Code. The ethical channel can be reached:
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post, at Canal Ético, Grupo ACS, Avenida Pío XII 102, 28036, Madrid, Spain.
Data related to the accusations will be held for a period of one year. this period can be extended if necessary either for processing internal auditing measures or for the arbitration or legal proceeding deriving from the investigation.
The accused party will be notified as soon as possible of:
- the body responsible for the whistleblowing system
- of what (s)he is being accused
- the departments and offices which may receive the report within the company.