This guide for trade union representatives discusses the benefits of mediation, and how it can complement the role of trade union representatives in helping avoid costly disputes. The guide seeks to reassure union representatives of the benefits of mediation and highlights the type of disputes where it can offer an informal and confidential space to tackle issues. The guide covers:
- What happens during mediation
- The role of representatives in mediation and how to support members
- Working with employers to set up mediation arrangements
- How mediation fits with other workplace procedures and agreements
- Trade Union representatives acting as mediators.