Accreditation status: A
- raising awareness on human rights
- providing protection, assistance and empowerment to those affected by and victims of violations
- striving for regional and international cooperation
- promoting institutional capacity-building
- urging the state to accede to international conventions and the development of national legislation
- Promoting and development of human rights
- Human Rights education at home and school
- The Committee can consider any abuses or violations of human rights, get involved in the settlement of complaints reported to it on such violations, coordinate with the competent authorities for necessary action, and propose ways to address and prevent them from being repeated.
Who can access it?
Anybody subject to the jurisdiction of the State of Qatar (citizen, expatriate or transit traveller).
How does it work?
Complaints can be submitted:
- by fax at 0097444444013
- by phone
- in personal attendance at the Commission’s office
- by e-mail
- filling the online complaints form
When submitting a complaint via fax or e-mail, the procedure requires that the complainant:
- writes the complaint clearly
- provides his/her contact information, including: phone number, e-mail and address
- attaches a copy of his/her identification card (for Qataris) and a copy of complainant’s passport or Visa (for non-Qataris)
- attaches any related documents to support the complaint
For complaints specifically related to obstacles in work and problems with the residence permits system in Qatar, the NHRC has published a guide booklet.